Skip to the main content
A- A+ Text sizeMy Karibu

Home Insurance


Inquilab Housing Association is responsible for insuring your property’s building, but NOT the contents or your personal possessions. This is known as ‘contents insurance’ and it is your responsibility to ensure that adequate insurance cover is arranged to protect you from the cost of replacing personal items in the event of accidental damage, loss or theft. 

No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

Contents Insurance

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, it is unlikely your landlord will cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Inquilab Housing Association have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do you get further information?

o   Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

o   Alternatively, please visit the  for more information or to request a call back.


Home Insurance Video
For further information call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288, or visit for more information and to request a call back.

You can also view a short video via their website or Youtube by following the links below. 

introductory video

The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419.   Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at