Health & Safety
The safety of our residents, employees, contractors and everyone who works with us is our number one priority.
We regularly undertake Fire and Safety Risk Assessments of all our properties to determine their condition and to ensure emergency routes, exits, and procedures meet legislative, and our own strict, requirements. All our properties have an up-to-date fire risk assessment which is re-assessed on an annual basis by an independent expert. Recommendations are always followed up and implemented and we continue to work closely with residents and safety experts to ensure that the measures we have in place continue to make our properties safe for our residents to live in.
Our comprehensive Health & Safety policy sets out these measures and our commitment to ensure we comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and all other applicable legislation.
Our policy includes our commitment to:
- Providing safe equipment and safe systems of work
- Putting in place adequate arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of materials, substances and equipment
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety of employees, residents, and others affected by our actions
- Carrying out resident safety inductions at the time of securing / taking up tenancy
- Providing a safe workplace, including a safe means of entering and leaving work areas, and maintaining such
- Ensuring that our working environment is without risks to health and that adequate welfare facilities are provided
In addition to our Corporate Health and Safety Policy, and in line with our commitment to keeping our residents safe from harm, we also provide advice and guidance on specific safety issues for residents.