Do You Have Concerns About the COVID Vaccination?
WE SHARE THE FACTS
1st February 2021
As the Covid-19 vaccination programme rolls out across the country, with millions of people successfully getting ‘the jab’, there are still some who are unsure about the vaccine.
Common concerns and questions include:
- Is the vaccine safe?
- Are the vaccines halal?
- Are the vaccines kosher?
- Could a vaccine give you Covid?
- Are there better ways to protect yourself against Covid-19?
- What are the potential side-effects of having the jab?
- Can being vaccinated cause infertility?
- Is the jab a conspiracy to control people?
While we fully understand these concerns, we support the vaccination programme as the only way to protect yourself, and our communities, against the effects and spread of this deadly disease.
The vaccine is not mandatory; it is up to you whether or not to be vaccinated when it is offered to you. Knowing the facts, so you can make a responsible and informed decision that you are comfortable with, is important.
Know the facts
People from BME backgrounds have a higher risk of long term illness, and death, from contracting Covid-19. Young people, as well as our older generation and those with underlying health conditions, are also at risk.
In supporting our communities, BME London Landlords group (of which Inquilab Housing Association is a member) has produced an informative and helpful leaflet about the Covid-19 Vaccine.
You can also contact the following organisations for advice and information:
- The NHS – full guide to the vaccine programme
- The Voice newspaper put readers’ questions to a Black vaccine expert, Dr Tolullah Oni - www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oE3IGOMXc4&ab_channel
- Written/audio advice in 60 languages from Doctors of the World - www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/coronavirus-information
- Video advice for the Bangladeshi community from Bangla Housing Association - youtu.be/JbYm8JHXJKA
- Short videos in Sylheti, Gujarati, Tamil, Punjabi, Urdu explain Covid-19 vaccines - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55171293
- Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis explains it is a ‘religious imperative’ to take the vaccine - www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3608923625853177