Winter Covid Vaccination and Booster Programme
WE SHARE THE FACTS
2nd December 2021
As the Covid-19 vaccination and booster programme steps up for Winter, there are still some who are unsure about the benefits and effects of the vaccine.
Common concerns and questions include:
- Is the vaccine safe?
- Are the vaccines halal?
- Are the vaccines kosher?
- Could a vaccine give you Covid?
- Are there better ways to protect yourself against Covid-19?
- What are the potential side-effects of having the jab?
- Can being vaccinated cause infertility?
- Is the jab a conspiracy to control people?
While we fully understand these concerns, we support the vaccination programme as the only way to protect yourself, and our communities, against the effects and spread of this deadly disease.
The vaccine is not mandatory; it is up to you whether or not to be vaccinated when it is offered to you. Knowing the facts, so you can make a responsible and informed decision that you are comfortable with, is important.
Know the facts
People from BME backgrounds have a higher risk of long term illness, and death, from contracting Covid-19. Young people, as well as our older generation and those with underlying health conditions, are also at risk.
In supporting our communities, BME London Landlords group (of which Inquilab Housing Association is a member) has produced an informative and helpful leaflet about the Covid-19 Vaccine.
You can also contact the following organisations for advice and information:
- The NHS – full guide to the vaccine programme
- The Voice newspaper put readers’ questions to a Black vaccine expert, Dr Tolullah Oni - www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oE3IGOMXc4&ab_channel
- Written/audio advice in 60 languages from Doctors of the World - www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/coronavirus-information
- Video advice for the Bangladeshi community from Bangla Housing Association - youtu.be/JbYm8JHXJKA
- Short videos in Sylheti, Gujarati, Tamil, Punjabi, Urdu explain Covid-19 vaccines - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55171293
- Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis explains it is a ‘religious imperative’ to take the vaccine - www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3608923625853177
- Show All
- October 2023
- September 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020