Supporting our Customers through Covid-19.
I know the impact of COVID-19 is being felt right across the nation and I truly hope you; your family and your friends remain safe and well.
Our primary focus is to support you through this difficult time and so I wanted to contact you to let you know about the support Inquilab Housing Association is providing to our Customers.
Getting in Touch / Office Closure
We are doing what we can to balance our team’s health and the services you need. However, the way our staff are working and delivering services has changed in order to follow the latest Government and NHS advice.
Inquilab has implemented Working from Home staffing arrangements. This means Inquilab’s offices will be closed. However, our phone lines will remain open during the working week for some key services (please see below) including out of hours emergencies. We will make sure we attend to every call as far and as quickly as possible.
We are naturally seeing a higher volume of calls as we support Customers impacted by COVID-19, and it’s important that our phone lines are available to those who need immediate support. If your call is urgent and we have not answered it immediately please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for a member of staff to call you as soon as possible.
However, you can complete many of your everyday activities online on our website www.inquilabha.org.
Inquilab’s staff have dedicated times during the day to make weekly contact with our elderly and vulnerable residents to ensure they are safe and well. If you wish to be contacted also, please do let us know. If you are interested in volunteering to assist your neighbour or are already doing so, please do let us know and thank you for this.
To avoid accruing rent arrears we urge you to continue to pay your rent. If you are facing financial difficulties, please contact a member of staff immediately on the general number 0208 607 7777 or email us on email@example.com.
- If you are not claiming any benefits, please use Allpay, Standing Order and / or internet banking to pay your rent.
- If you are already claiming benefits, please be aware that all face to face assessments have now been temporarily suspended by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- If you experience any financial hardship due to COVID-19 i.e., you are required to stay at home or your job or income has been affected, kindly follow DWP guidelines for new claims or Statutory Sick Pay* and inform Inquilab also.
*This is only payable if you are staying at home on Government advice, not just if you are infected by the Coronavirus and only applied for seven days.
Please refer to the Government Guidelines.
Maintenance / Repairs
We are still taking repairs / maintenance calls and will be organising these as normal. However, please be advised that Inquilab’s staff and also our Contractors will ask you screening questions in relation to COVID-19 before raising any repairs or visiting your home as part of our precautions for Coronavirus.
Coronavirus – What to do if you have or if you think you have Coronavirus?
Please let us know if:
- You or someone in your household have been tested for Coronavirus.
- Showing any symptoms of Coronavirus.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill or has recently been in contact with anyone with Coronavirus.
- Have been in self-isolation or currently self-isolating and if so, how long for.
- Travelled abroad in the last 3-months to anywhere in Europe or Asia.
The information you provide will only be forwarded to the respective contractor and also out of hours call handlers for health and safety and information purposes only. In such cases, all repairs except emergency repairs, will be suspended to your household until we have received confirmation that you have recovered.
We will keep you updated via SMS, emails and phone calls where necessary as we are minimising face to face contact where we can.
Finally, I wanted to say thank you for your continued support. In the meantime, please take good care of yourselves and those around you.