How do I pay my rent?

There are several different ways:

  • Using your rent payment card in any shop where you see the 'payzone' sign
  • Using Allpay
  • By cheque or postal order payable to ‘Inquilab Housing Association’ and sent to Inquilab Housing Association, Somerville House, 50a Bath Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW3 3EE. Please put your full name, address and tenancy number on the back.
  • By standing order
  • By direct debit

How are rents set?

We have a rent policy which we can send you on request.

How often will I get a rent statement?

You will receive a rent statement every quarter. You can ask for a rent statement – or check your rent account – at any time by speaking to a member of the Customer Services Team.

When do you review service charges?

Every April if you are on a fixed service charge. If you are on a variable service charge, details are covered in your tenancy agreement.

Inquilab homes

How do I apply for an Inquilab home?

You must register with your council which keeps a list of people in need of housing. We do not take direct applications for our homes.

At least two thirds of our new residents are referred from council waiting lists, while others are residents who have transferred from other Inquilab homes. A very few people are referred to us by approved referral agencies.

Where are Inquilab’s homes?

Our homes are in the West London area. The boroughs where we own homes are Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington & Chelsea, Kingston and Richmond. We also own homes in Elmbridge and Slough.

Do you have homes for sale?

Yes. Shared ownership homes are reserved for council and housing association tenants, essential workers, people still waiting for a home on a council list and first time buyers. We can give you frank advice on whether you can afford to buy or part-buy our homes.

How do I apply for a shared ownership home?

Contact us on 0208607 7777 or email customerservices@inquilabha.org

What is a joint tenancy?

If you have been given a joint tenancy with your partner, you each have equal rights and are both responsible for meeting your obligations, such as paying the rent regularly.


How can I check where my repair is up to?

Contact us on 0208 607 7777.

Gas Emergencies

If you smell gas, think you have a leak or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping, please call the national freephone gas emergency number: 0800 111 999.


  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate your home
  • Do not turn any electrical switches on or off
  • Put out all naked flames and do not smoke, strike matches or do anything that could make a spark or flame
  • If there are electrical locks or an entry phone system, please open doors manually


How can I complain?

We will always try to resolve problems as soon as we know about them. If you wish to make a complaint, contact us in writing by letter or email. You can also call us, visit our offices during working hours, or ask for a home visit.

Security & Crime

What should I do if someone breaks into my home?

Call the police and get a crime reference number. Then call our Customer Advice Team on 0208 607 7777.

Any damage to your contents are your responsibility and should be covered by your contents insurance.

Someone has broken my window

It is your responsibility to replace broken glass in windows and you should be able to claim on your house insurance. It is a good idea to report the incident to the police and keep the crime reference number for your insurance company.

I have lost my keys!

You are responsible for arranging and paying for a locksmith as we do not hold spare keys. Locksmiths are listed in Yellow Pages and we suggest you get several quotations.

Once you have replaced your lock, it is a good idea to leave a spare key with a trusted friend or relative in case it happens again.

Anti-Social Behaviour

I am being affected by anti-social behaviour. What can I do?

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour, ask for a copy of our booklet which explains what anti-social behaviour is and what you can do about it.

Talk to your Housing Officer and keep a record of the problems you are experiencing.

You should also speak to your Housing Officer if you are having problems with neighbour nuisance. Your local council’s Environmental Health department can advise you about noise levels.